Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat with George Block Heel Slipper Shoes. Winter Trend!

Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat

Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat with George Block Heel Slipper Shoes. Winter Trend!


So I wanted to make a fashion blog post for a recent women's clothing purchase I made for winter fashion. I felt a bit cheeky eyeing up another Topshop Fur Collar Swing Coat after purchasing my Topshop Fur Lined Coat and my Primark Khaki Jacket With Faux Leather Sleeves. Not to mention also my Topshop Fur Collar Biker Jacket!

Regardless, I had been pondering about this women's coat whilst browsing Topshop online for a week or two. I have never owned a grey coat, so I wanted to experiment with a new colour of women's coat. The only concern I had was that this Topshop coat was not available in Topshop petite

Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat

I decided to lay these both out on my bed to show you a representation of the size differences. As my navy Topshop Fur Lined Coat sold out in the smaller sizes in a heart beat from Topshop petite, I had to purchase this in a UK size 8 petite as that was the only one left and I was quite desperate for this winter coat! When laid on the bed up against my new grey Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat, I notice few differences between the two. The length of both coats is about the same, the sleeves of the grey winter coat are slightly longer but aside from this, the women's coat from Topshop in grey appears to be a similar size and cut to my Topshop Fur Lined Coat from the Topshop petite section.

Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat

The only obvious differences between the two Topshop winter coats are the colours and the sizes of the collar. I really like the massive fluffy collar on my navy Topshop Fur Lined Coat as it keeps me snuggled up against those cold winter winds! So I am curious as to how the fur collar on the grey Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat will feel and look!

George Black Shoulder Bag

George Block Heel Slipper Shoes

Next for the outfit, I'd been craving some 'slipper shoes' for a very long time. Many high street stores sell these women's shoes, Topshop, Primark, River Island, New Look, you name it. However, when you're seeking plain black slipper shoes rather than studded slipper shoes, a whole new challenge is created. I had been searching through New Look online, Topshop online and throughout the fashion shops on Lincoln high street for a pair of plain black slipper shoes. I was shocked that I could find none. Most of these women's shoes were either studded or had more unusual styles occurring which didn't appeal to me. I love the stud trend at the moment but I'm not so sure about on my shoes. I adore studded collars as a fall-winter trend but for women's shoes, I want something that won't go out of fashion so fast. I worry studded shoes, or particular types might not stick around the fashion trends as long as more subtle versions of this slipper shoe style. 

I went into a Peacocks store and finally found a pair of black slipper shoes however, the sole felt thin and I never really shop in Peacocks so I thought I would take another look around Lincoln. I began to run out of options and began looking at George clothing and F&F clothing online to see if I had better luck with finding these women's shoes. (I get so fussy when it comes to fashion.)

I found a pair! From George in Asda Living. I rushed down to my nearest Asda living to grab what appeared to be one of the last pairs of shoes! These were £14! The best part about them is that they have a slight but very comfortable heel, making these block heel slipper shoes perfect for petites. They look so chic to me! I see these stylish shoes lasting me a long while.

I also noticed a gorgeous black shoulder bag in Asda. It was in a sale and just £5?! I couldn't resist, it matches the Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat so well!

I did learn today, I should probably check George in Asda Living more often for the latest fashion trends. Some of their items appeared Topshop quality at 1/3 of the price! The only concern is the sizing, would they suit petite figures okay?

Topshop Short Fur Collar Swing Coat

I'll be grabbing a pair of leggings out of my cupboard tomorrow to add to this outfit and will upload a fashion photoshoot to display how the final outfit looked!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, I found you from lookbook. I'm really in love with slipper shoes too, I featured them on my blog a few days ago. Keep up the good posts!

    Brittney
    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how those slipper shoes have a little heel on them!


    <3Jo of thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of the comments I receive! You're all so wonderful! Thank you so much! :)