Shopping Topshop UK for a new outfit on trend for Winter 2012

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Look at those autumn leaves shattered on the floor, isn't it beautiful? These autumn colours are always a constant reminder to me that winter is coming. (No I'm not referring to the Game of Thrones kind just yet.)

I got rather excited when I noticed the somewhat grim weather outside, the signs of Autumn were bold and I could finally wear my fur trim Topshop coat I purchased last year for the winter season again. I pulled it out from the dark corners of my cupboard, slipped my arms through, fastened the button and looked in the mirror to find I looked like a tent. Yes a tent, in a navy colour with some fur. Attractive yes?

It was sad to see, my coat was only a size 8, I knew I had lost a significant amount of weight but I didn't think it would have made that much difference. I couldn't really modify the gorgeous fur trim Topshop coat either so I was just left sobbing knowing I would have to part ways with this beautiful garment on Ebay and begin a search for a replacement. 

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Nowadays being the broke student I am, I naturally head over to Primark. It makes sense, Primark has evolved massively as a fashion retailer and although their prices have increased somewhat they still offer a bargain half the time compared to other high street stores.

To my luck I was going to discover a navy coat, similar to my beloved Topshop one. It was only £30, I grabbed a size 6 and swung it on. Yes it was a little bit big again but this wasn't my main problem with it, aside from being a perfect coat on trend for winter, it had no hood! For me, in the coldest of the winter months a hood is essential, it protects me from sleet, snow, hail, you name it! What happens when you've spend all of that time styling your hair to perfection and the weather destroys your efforts? It was a no, for the Primark coat.

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

So, me being me, I sulked a little. Naturally the next place to cross my mind was Topshop, especially as they had a petite section but the price... 

Luckily my fiancĂ© being the fashion enthusiast he is (I wish!) doesn't seem to take my sulky face too well and pointed out that he owed me over £100 from the holiday in Toronto still. (If you haven't read about that holiday you can read a few posts such as my engagement here.) So off we went to Topshop. I'd recently been looking at Topshop online for their latest range of petite coats and had found one that was somewhat similar to my other navy fur trim coat so this felt like the right place to go.

At £75, I didn't feel this was the worst investment in the world, so long as I don't lose anymore weight, this coat should last me a long time! Wait, not only this but I had stumbled into a Topshop UK store on one of the most dangerous days in the year, today was a day where Topshop student discounts were 20%.

OH DEAR!

Topshop Cream Studded Sleeve Vest,


So yeah, I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happened next but I shall. I bought more than just my Topshop petite navy fur lined coat, I also purchased a Topshop shine textured pleated skirt and a Topshop studded sleeve vest. Alongside some cute socks.

Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt        Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt
               
             
The top and skirt were not purchased in the petite range as they were not yet available from Topshop petite. I bought them in size 6 thinking they would be fine (Imagining the days I used to be a size 12/14 scares me, I'd never have thought I could fit into a UK size 4 or 6 now!) however, I found they were a little too big! The top is gorgeous and has a good fit given it doesn't move around on my shoulders too much. (Hello cleavage!) The skirt however, although size 6, won't stay up! It kept falling down unless I wore a tight waist belt with it to hold it up. I just loved this skirt so much that I bought it anyway! I probably will have to modify it a bit to more of a size 4 and perhaps trim the length slightly as it looked much more suited for the 6ft tall mannequin.

Regardless of the sizes, all of these clothes are gorgeous! I know I will be getting a lot of use out of these and knowing I got 20% off everything was a great bonus!

Topshop Cream Studded Sleeve Vest,

I adore the stud detailing on the Topshop cream studded sleeve vest! This whole outfit works so well for me. I felt the burgundy bow belt added some lovely colour to the outfit. The waist belt is just from Primark, £4, what a bargain!

Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt

Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt

Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt

Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt

Topshop Cream Studded Sleeve Vest,


Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt

Topshop Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt


From the last few photos:
Cream Studded Sleeve Vest - Topshop
Black Shine Textured Pleated Skirt - Topshop
Burgundy Bow Waist Belt - Primark
Burgundy Ankle Socks - Topshop
Brown Suede Heels - Dune

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat


I do have to say I am very happy with my new Topshop petite navy fur lined coat, although I'm still unsure on whether I will sell my other one as I imagine I will eventually regain the weight I lost one day and find it fits well again. With the amount it sells for on Ebay UK I'd have to accept although I'd be sitting on a good amount of money to justify this Topshop UK purchase, I would probably never lay hands on that other coat again through it costing too much to just buy back. 

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

Topshop Petite Navy Fur Lined Coat

I just wanted to include some full colour photos to show you how the outfit looked in daylight. I can't stress what a great cut this coat has and how warm and snuggled up you feel in it!

On another random note, the houses behind me in these photos are next to the famous Lincoln Cathedral, these were the first houses in England to ever have numbers on. (I love studying in this historical town!)

The Topshop items I described can be purchased here:



2 comments:

  1. So nice pictures!!!! Thank you for your sweet comment - so nice you just went to Toronto!! It's such a nice city!! Hope you have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this coat! The fur is great--I'm looking for a fur collar so that all of my winter coats can have fur! Great pictures!

    Jordan
    http://dressforthepart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of the comments I receive! You're all so wonderful! Thank you so much! :)